We are looking for an articulate, engaging and friendly Sales Development Representative to assist our company in growing its customer base and supporting sales activities.
The Sales Development Representative's responsibilities include generating and managing potential leads, soliciting potential prospects, facilitating sales, and connecting prospects with the right salesperson.
- Qualifying leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Initiating contact with potential customers through cold-calling or responding to inquiries generated from marketing.
- Creating relationships with prospects.
- Presenting the client and its’ services to prospects.
- Moving solid leads through the sales funnel, connecting them to a salesperson, and arranging in-person meetings, emails, or phone calls .
- Proactively seeking new business opportunities / leads in the market and nurture.
- Perform general market and competitive analysis in support of strategic selling.
- Providing the necessary insight on a case-by-case basis to properly position our differentiation and value.
- Reporting to Sales Leadership (weekly/monthly/quarterly) on sales results.
- Collaborating with sales executives to ensure the company's goals and targets are met and captured in Salesforce.
- Contributing to supporting RFI/RFP responses.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field.
- 2 to 5 years of industry sales experience.
- Familiarity with financial services and technology.
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role.
- Experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls).
- Strong communication, interpersonal, teamworking, and customer service skills.
- Good telephone etiquette and computer literacy skills.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Track record of achieving sales quotas.
- Experience with CRM software.
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts).
- Understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Being seen as a valued true team player and leader within the organization.
- Bilingual skills (English is required, Spanish is a plus).